Cobec Engineering tendered this project on a select list basis and were subsequently appointed as the main contractor (PSCS) to safely upgrade both the fire alarm and voice evacuation systems in the Dublin city office which is occupied by 2,000 + staff.
As this building was occupied it required a very high degree of coordination and site management to ensure no disruption to the day to day operation of the business.
Scope of Works
The scope of works consisted of the following:
- Alterations to the existing LV switchgear
- Installation of new cable tray where required
- Strip out of the old system and existing cabling
- Strip out of old voice evacuation system
- Rewire of the voice evacuation system and speakers
- Rewire of the fire alarm and new devices.
- Managing 3rd party integration lifts and fire suppression systems
- Builder works
- Fire proofing of both the new and modified ope’s
- VESDA smoke sampling pipework
- Tested, commissioned, validated and demonstrated