Cobec Engineering, an award-winning M&E engineering contractor, specialise in planning, managing & delivering projects for our clients with quality, safety, sustainability and collaboration at the heart of our approach. With a diverse portfolio of clients, we operate across a range of sectors including Commercial, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Mission Critical, Residential, Hospitality, Industrial, Retail and Education.
We pride ourselves on our exceptional and motivated people, from Senior Management to our outstanding site teams. We want our people to grow, develop and succeed in reaching both their potential and career goals. To support this, exceptional performers are provided with continuous development opportunities to support their career progression.
Due to our continued growth, we have a number of exciting projects due to start in the coming months and we are seeking an ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic Qualified Plumber/Fitter to join our team.
If you would like to join a progressive company, gain experience within a diverse variety of different sectors and further develop your career we would love to hear from you. This will be a rewarding and challenging career opportunity for the right individual with a very attractive renumeration package on offer for qualifying candidates.
- Pipe bending, pipe joining, pipe fitting, inspection and testing, fault diagnosis.
- Identification of materials, rothernberger brazing, installing and maintaining;
- Fuel storage and distribution systems
- Fire control systems
- Natural and LPG systems
- Cold water storage tanks
- Heating systems
- Sanitation systems
- Cold and mains water services
- Hot water cylinders and calorifiers
- Hot water services flues and verification
- Compressed air systems
- Steam pipework
- Pre-commissioning of plumbing and mechanical services, pre-commissioning of air handling units
- Knowledge of industrial and process gases and liquids, medical gases, electrical controls for central heating and air conditioning systems, hot and cold-water services, plumbing systems, solid fuel and oil-fired boiler/ burner units’ pumps, air conditioning systems, roof work
- Reading drawings and specifications, planning, basic electricity, bracket fabrication, oxy-acetylene welding and cutting, bronze welding, soldering, manual metal arc welding, tungsten inert gas welding, setting out, measuring, transferring levels, use and care of tools, safety, scaffolding, rigging
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Problem solving – to take structured approach to problems
- Ability to manage and prioritize own tasks
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft operating systems
- Ability to prioritise, excellent organisation and administrative ability
- Understanding of construction documentation an advantage
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluent English.
- 2+ years’ post qualification experience in a similar role
- Interested in further education, training and development
- National Craft Certificate
- Valid Safe Pass Certification
- Valid Manual Handling Certification
Thank you for visiting our careers section.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send a cover email and/or letter and a copy of your current curriculum vitae to our human resource department.
Please reference “Qualified Plumber/Fitter Application” in the subject line of your email.
Email – email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you and hope to speak to you soon.