Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Department: Mechanical
- Reports to: Site Foreman
- Work Schedule: 39 hours per week & overtime when requested
- The Apprenticeships are governed by SOLAS and is Standards Based. During your apprenticeship, you will be required to follow a specific course of training and undergo a series of assessments to confirm that you’ve reached the required standard
- The electrical apprenticeship consists of 7 phases: 3 off-the-job and 4 on-the-job. SOLAS and the Department of Education and Science have responsibility for providing the off-the-job training, whilst your on-the-job training will take place on site with Cobec Engineering
- While attending off the job training, the apprentice will be required to complete a portfolio & series of exams, both theory & practical.
- All apprentice rates are in line with the mechanical sectoral employment orders.
- Must be 17 years of age or over
- Qualified to Junior Certificate or equivalent standard
- Must have five passes in the Junior (Maths and English must be two of these).
- Must have passed at least ordinary level maths
- A copy/picture of your Leaving cert results to be included with your application.
- Submit an Ishihara colour vision test – Form available from Cobec Engineering or SOLAS
- Have a valid Safe Pass card
- Have a Manual Handling Certificate
- Subject to interview and reference checks
Thank you for visiting our careers section.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send a cover email and/or letter and a copy of your current Curriculum Vitae to our Human Resource department.
Please reference “Plumbing Apprenticeship” in the subject line of your email.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and hope to speak to you soon.