Environmental Health & Safety Officer
We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Health & Safety Officer. The position is full-time permanent role which would be ideally suited to an individual with construction experience as this role will consist of both site visits along with office-based duties. The successful applicant will be responsible for monitoring and enforcing health and safety standards across the business while also conducting investigations where required.
- Maintaining our existing EHS system and insuring full implementation across our projects
- Develop guidelines, processes and documentation to support the Company in addressing and enforcing the required standards within both health and safety and environmental legislation
- Prepare and inspect both Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS) along with PSCS (Project Supervisor Construction Stage) documentation
- Conducting both administrative and site audits to ensure contractual obligations are being met
- Observe personnel on-site to ensure EHS compliance. This will include monitoring specialist subcontractors, agency & direct employees
- Lead and coordinate incident investigations and utilise root cause analysis
- Ensure continued compliance with all regulatory standards including ISO14000 & ISO45001
- Be proactive in identifying both positive and negative incidents while possessing the ability to implement realistic corrective and preventive measures
- Manage & maintain employee training records in conjunction with the Training Department
- Create & develop content for the EHS intranet to include best practice policies & procedures
- Any other duties as deemed necessary for the efficiency of the business
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Degree qualified, in an EHS discipline
- 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Possess an Internal Auditing accreditation to include Integrated Management Systems (ISO 14000, ISO 45001 and Safe -T- Cert)
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of Irish Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations
- Preferably has qualifications in the following areas – Train the Trainer, First Aid, Manual Handling and DSE Assessor
- Knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical and Construction industry essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with the ability to generate detailed monthly reports
- Conscientious with a high attention to detail and an ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluent English
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €40,000.00-€50,000.00 per annum (Depending upon qualifications and current experience)
- Health & Safety: 5 years
- Bachelor’s (Required)
Thank you for visiting our careers section.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send a cover email and/or letter and a copy of your current curriculum vitae to our human resource department.
Please reference “Environmental Health & Safety Officer Application” in the subject line of your email.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and hope to speak to you soon.