Cobec Engineering, an award-winning M&E engineering contractor, specialise in planning, managing & delivering projects for our clients with quality, safety, sustainability and collaboration at the heart of our approach. With a diverse portfolio of clients, we operate across a range of sectors including Commercial, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Mission Critical, Residential, Hospitality, Industrial, Retail and Education.
We pride ourselves on our exceptional and motivated people, from Senior Management to our outstanding site teams. We want our people to grow, develop and succeed in reaching both their potential and career goals.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking an ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic Electrical Tester to join our team.
If you would like to join a progressive company, gain experience within a diverse variety of different sectors and further develop your career, we would love to hear from you. This will be a rewarding and challenging career opportunity for the right individual with an attractive remuneration package on offer for the qualifying candidates.
- Implement and manage Lock Out-Tag Out (LOTO) and Control of Hazardous Energy (COHE) on projects where they are the AP (Appointed Person)
- Carry out Pre-Test Inspections (walk-down the field installation of each system term to term) on site and compile defect reports on compliance with national electrical regulations.
- Notify Project Manager and QC lead of any non-conformances or hazards on site.
- Carry out testing of Low Voltage installations as required by national governing bodies, issue report and snag list.
- Compilation of reports and issue ‘As Built’ drawings.
- Verification of Redlined Drawings for the LV Installation that is being Tested.
- Update cable schedules.
- Create DB schedule’s for inclusion in O&M.
- Complete Test Record Sheets.
- Manage and Implement Electrical Safe System of Work on site( if they are the AP)
- Carry out periodic inspections and surveys of installations.
- Carry out Inspection & Testing of Main and Sub-Main Distribution Boards and Transformer offloading cabling.
- Carry out Inspection & Testing of Final Sub-Circuits.
- Assist close-out of project issues/ investigations / queries.
- Ensure safety measures are being implemented.
- Issues Final Certification for project, As Build drawings, test record sheet, Board schedules.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Electrical Trade Background and/or Completed electrical testing and verification course.
- LOTO training
- Adhere to Low Voltage (LV) Switchgear switching protocols – ACB’s, MCCB’s etc.
- Good Knowledge of I&C installations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluent English
Qualified Electrician, ideally with testing experience
Thank you for visiting our careers section.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send a cover email and/or letter and a copy of your current curriculum vitae to our human resource department.
Please reference “Electrical Tester Application” in the subject line of your email.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and hope to speak to you soon.