We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Estimator. The position is full-time permanent role which would be ideally suited to an individual with construction experience. The successful candidate will report to the Estimating Manager will be involved in the production of competitive tenders and/or detailed estimates for pre-design and/or Design & Build projects.
- Reviewing Tenders with Estimating Manager and Directors
- Advising managers of bid prospects
- Attending pre & post tender interviews
- Compiling specialist sub-contract quotes
- Ensuring sub-contractor quotes comply with specification
- Completing take-offs from tender drawings (Using both manual and software based take off systems)
- Report regularly to management on competitor activity, market trends and any other market dynamics that may be useful to management
- Tracking Tenders from Receival Date to Submittal Date
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- A previous electrical trades and/or electrical engineering background
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An analytical approach to compiling and reviewing documents estimates
- Understand methods of measurement and the concept of cost/valuation reconciliations
- Computer literacy in relevant packages (Countfire, Estimating Software, Microsoft Office)
- Excellent Document Control
- Ability to work in a team or individually
- Driven with excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Reliable, committed and looking to develop your career in the industry
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluent English
2/3 years in a similar role
Thank you for visiting our careers section.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send a cover email and/or letter and a copy of your current curriculum vitae to our human resource department.
Please reference “Electrical Estimator Application” in the subject line of your email.
Email – email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you and hope to speak to you soon.