Contracts Manager – Mechanical
Cobec Engineering, an award-winning M&E engineering contractor, specialise in planning, managing & delivering projects for our clients with quality, safety, sustainability and collaboration at the heart of our approach. With a diverse portfolio of clients, we operate across a range of sectors including Commercial, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Mission Critical, Residential, Hospitality, Industrial, Retail and Education.
We pride ourselves on our exceptional and motivated people, from Senior Management to our outstanding site teams. We want our people to grow, develop and succeed in reaching both their potential and career goals. To support this, exceptional performers are provided with continuous development opportunities to support their career progression.
Due to our continued growth, we have a number of exciting projects due to start in the coming months and we are seeking an ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic Contracts Manager to join our team.
If you would like to join a progressive company, gain experience within a diverse variety of different sectors and further develop your career we would love to hear from you. This will be a rewarding and challenging career opportunity for the right individual with a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaising with key Project Stakeholders to deliver all aspects of assigned projects.
- Develop Project Execution strategies.
- Develop site logistics (mobilisation / demobilisation) plans.
- Develop and implement project schedules in accordance with key milestones, co-ordinating with all trades and CSA works.
- Develop and track project labour histograms.
- Develop and implement project costs and budget plans.
- Review, sign-off and implement project quality plans and procedures.
- Review, sign-off and implement project EHS management plan.
- Management and motivation of project construction and engineering teams.
- Develop and agree submission and approvals process with client / design consultants.
- Develop and monitor material procurement schedules in accordance with schedule requirements.
- In conjunction with project teams and specifications select and appoint project Sub-contractors and supply chain.
- Chair weekly internal team, supplier and sub-contractor meetings to co-ordinate and ensure project performance.
- Oversee Project cost / revenue control and report performance.
- Attendance at client / project management meetings.
- Liaison with Sub-contractor and supplier senior management at steering group level to avoid project roadblocks.
- Ongoing liaison with client design teams and main contractor teams to ensure project performance.
- Develop and implement test and commissioning procedures
- Prompt project close-out and delivery of key documentation
- Agreement of project commercial close-out
- All other duties associated with the role
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- Ideally 10+ years’ experience
- Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management.
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good oral & written communication skills
Thank you for visiting our careers section.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send a cover email and/or letter and a copy of your current curriculum vitae to our human resource department.
Please reference “Contracts Manager – Mechanical Application” in the subject line of your email.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and hope to speak to you soon.