Building Services Engineer
Cobec Engineering, an award-winning M&E engineering contractor, specialise in planning, managing & delivering projects for our clients with quality, safety, sustainability and collaboration at the heart of our approach. With a diverse portfolio of clients, we operate across a range of sectors including Commercial, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Mission Critical, Residential, Hospitality, Industrial, Retail and Education.
We pride ourselves on our exceptional and motivated people, from Senior Management to our outstanding site teams. We want our people to grow, develop and succeed in reaching both their potential and career goals. To support this, exceptional performers are provided with continuous development opportunities to support their career progression.
Due to our continued growth, we have a number of exciting projects due to start in the coming months and we are seeking an ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic Building Services Engineer to join our team.
If you would like to join a progressive company, gain experience within a diverse variety of different sectors and further develop your career we would love to hear from you. This will be a rewarding and challenging career opportunity for the right individual.
- Management of the Systems under your control.
- Coordination of M&E services from tender stage consultants’ drawings to site ready IFC drawings.
- Assisting in the sizing of Mechanical plant, equipment, pipework and ductwork
- Assisting with all design VE options post tender
- Issuing project technical submittals and managing the procurement schedules
- Assisting Mechanical project managers with design and coordination issues.
- Management of Quality Assurance (QA) in conjunction with the QA Manager including set up, management and close out of file
- Management of Project Schedule in conjunction with the appointed Project Manager, Design Team and Client requirements
- Assist in the management of all costs associated with your package including:
- Material deliveries and goods receipting.
- Plant and Equipment
- Ensure Cobec Engineering policies and procedures are followed closely.
- Management of the snagging system ensuring that the supervisors return weekly punch lists where applicable. Ensure all snags are distributed to all Sub-contractors
- Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
- Close out of all project items including O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the support of the site project manager and your project team.
- Issue internal weekly progress report rolled up from project supervisors report. This will highlight progress percentage complete based on WBS codes and any concerns. It should also highlight any risk elements.
- Schedule material deliveries to correspond with the project schedule. Track deliveries.
- All other duties associated with the role.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- 3rd level Qualification in Building Services Engineering
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient in use of systems software related to Engineering functions
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluent English.
Thank you for visiting our careers section.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send a cover email and/or letter and a copy of your current curriculum vitae to our human resource department.
Please reference “Building Services Engineer Application” in the subject line of your email.
Email – email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you and hope to speak to you soon.